12.14.2009

The Insect's Christmas, 1913 Stop Motion Animation


The good folks of XmasFlix, a wonderful blog of vintage Christmas films, have restored this beautiful animated masterpiece.

"This fascinating stop motion animated film was produced by the Khanzhonkov Company, Moscow Russia in 1913 .
Due to the quality of film I had to work with, it is fully intact, however, the textual elements were removed... A silent film, but I replaced the cutaway titles with overlay. I kept the same dialogue as it's original lower quality version. I enhanced the image and it became a wonderful dreamlike state. Since there was no audio, I created a layered audio effect with elements from the Edward Scissorhands soundtrack.
"

Watch this and many other oldies and goodies on their YouTube Channel too.


0 comments: