5.24.2008

What Makes the Rainbow Haired Children Frown?



Villager photos by Nick Brooks
Read of their sadness here..

What makes the rainbow haired children frown?
Take down the toy tower..

I am actually surprised I feel this way. Years ago when the mural garden was destroyed for condos I and several other local girls looked like this bunch on the street, we even prompted a cop to apologize to us for something he couldn't stop (altho some of us were actually crying, not umm "pouting" :) ). I like quirky artistic things that add to the quirky artistic character of the EV but was never much of a fan of this tower. I hated seeing the toys strung up especially one really valuable one he could have had on ebay to help the garden raise money (I pointed it out once a long time ago but no one ever removed it, too high up I 'spose) and over time it just deteriorated in the open rain and snow. I see calling it a toy tower makes it sound cute, and to some it was, it's been there forever really, but all I liked about it were the kitties who would play in it. The rotting toys on it weren't spooky in a good way to me just sad. I hope they use the space for something great, how about install a greenhouse for a wonderful Corpse Flower!.. but yeah might be the huge minority here, the rainbow children would not agree but I am not unhappy to see it go. (Thanks Rick!)


More pix of it here on Flickr..


0 comments: